background

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Where did the year go?

Oh my. I swore I wouldn't do this anymore.....I did it and I left ya hangin', didn't I. I'm blaming it all on Facebook! It's true. Since I have started using FB, my blogging has pretty much come to a stand-still.

Well, let's see if I can recap the year as it's been.

My last entry was about INSANITY.  I said I'd post pictures, but I decided to only put them on FB....if you want to see them, check 'em out there! I finished it and will be doing it again in January. I'm thinking that this will be an annual event!! The workouts are still happening, they're just not anywhere as intense as what I experienced at the beginning of the year. My next venture will be TURBOFire. It looks like it's going to be a blast....I sure hope I'm ready for it!  Here's the lowdown on the family:

Aanika flew through 1st grade like it was nobody's business and was all too ready for 2nd grade. She spent the summer going to Camp Lakewood, visiting her Oma & Opa at the lake, days at Six Flags riding her coasters and many a lazy day at the local pool.





My summer was busy with a bathroom remodeling that is finally finished. It's lovely and relaxing and that's exactly what I wanted for it!
Kevin, well, let's just say he's had an interesting year. He's busy, busy, busy but he always made time for the family.

Fast forward to the new school year~
  • Aanika's a 2nd grader, still a bookworm and has grown more in the last year than we can keep up with. At this rate, she's right on target for that 5' 10" growth chart prediction! We're not too sure she's going to keep on with violin. She doesn't seem to have the same interest in it that got us started down that road. Although she can play it "technically" she doesn't show the signs of having the ear for it. *sigh* Kevin is playing with the idea of starting back on piano....maybe Momma and Aanika can jump on that train when it comes through. ; )
  • Kevin got a new toy! Because he has worked so hard this summer and missed out on a lot of fun, I bought him his "dream" bike! I know that he would never have bought it for himself....he'd just keep going to the store and admire it from afar. The surprise was awesome! He was actually speechless for quite a while.
  • I've got some projects in the works for myself.
     
I'll do my best to post again soon to let you know how they're going....

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's happening in your world?